Security with Natural Illumination
As with other door sets in the Torterolo & Re product range, these too have impressive thermal and acoustic insulation properties. Sun-Light doors can be designed for a wide variety of uses, from professional offices and studios to terrace and patio doors in private residences.
Security - Class 3 (ENV 1627)
Acoustic Insulation Rw 38 dB
Thermal insulation U = 1.6 / m2K
- Structure – double galvanised steel sheet (10/10 outer and inner)
- Insulation – rock wool fibre within the door leaf frame - also assists with thermal insulation
- Hanging side – two robust adjustable welded hinges and five dog bolts
- Lock protection plate
- Adjustable keep for latch bolt
- Panel keeper (door leaf edges) with brown finish (option for RAL colours or stainless steel)
- Soft rubber gasket for sealing in between door leaf and door jambs (sealing against dust, noise and air)
- ‘Standard’ range of door furniture (available in different finishes and colours)
- Door limiter (door check)
- Adjustable drop seal in base
- Vertical door styles – 150mm wide reinforced steel to provide robust frame for security glazing
Security Glazing - based on “Strong Plus” with the following characteristics
- Thickness – circa 37 mm
- External glass certified to European P6B security standards with clear thermal insulation layer
- Internal glass laminated in compliance with DL 115 and 192 (safety standards)
- Inert gas between external and internal panes
Frame and Subframe
Range of frames and integral subframes of rolled 2mm steel plate finished with powder coated dark brown (RAL colour finishes also available including different colours internally and externally). Other than standard frames, other versions are available to meet different architectural and building requirements from new structures to renovation and refurbishments.
High Security Multipoint Locking with Euro Profile Cylinder
Controlled by just a single small key, the locking system provides concurrent operation of two double locking bolts at the base, three in the centre and two at the top on the door leaf; the lock itself has a central shaft that is hardened to resist cutting, individual bolts of die cast toughened steel and a gearing system that ensures a smooth operation and minimises pressure on the key.
An important security feature for the whole range of Euro profile cylinders (Smart, Excel or Torterolo & Re ‘Prestige’) is the additional protection afforded by a hardened steel defender (shroud) – this is firmly anchored within the door leaf and is provides added protection against attempts to attack the locking system.
A further feature is the gear lock – apart from its inherent resistance to forced entry, in the event that a cylinder was to be forcibly removed the lock itself is blocked so that it cannot be removed.
In the event of lost keys, replacement cylinders can be provided – it is the cylinder alone that requires replacement and this is not a complicated process.
As well as the entire range of “standard” Torterolo & Re panels, individually designed panels are often specified to ensure that customers’ requirements are met. The range of panels includes solid or machined, plain engineered wood finishes and aluminium – the possibilities are endless.
Variety and Flexibility
The following can readily be incorporate in Sun-light doors:
- Arched doors
- Overhead fanlights with either solid or glazed panels (the latter can be arched and the glazing can be decorative) – including arched fanlights
- Access control – an electronic strike to provide for controlled remote access
- Inward and outward openers
* Double door sets are limited to Class 3 (they are, however, engineered to Class 4 standards)